Visit our main forum @ Usersub.com

Imagehost grabber help for Firefox

Chat about anything here
Ennislover
Lead Role In B-Movie
Lead Role In B-Movie

Imagehost grabber help for Firefox

Postby Ennislover » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am

After advice on this forum i recently upgraded my imagehost grabber add-on to the latest version 1.7.0 after the old version stopped downloading from hosts such as Imagbox. However this version is unsigned and although it worked great at first Firefox has now disabled it after updating last night :idunno: , I've tried to re-install the add-on but it now won't let me.
Any idea how i can re-install imagehost grabber version 1.7.0 as its the best add-on I've found for downloading multiple images
:ty:

opo
Part In Hollyoaks
Part In Hollyoaks

Re: Imagehost grabber help for Firefox

Postby opo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Found this advice on the ImageGrabber forum:

As an attachment this post contains our tentative third candidate for the nominally new IHG, the first release for the new design team since Matt has began his sabbatical.

Ideally you can download the new release candidate, uninstall IHG, restart FF, delete or move your hostf.xml to another location, then using Tools -> Add Ons -> look for 'gear' symbol and 'install from file' then restart.

This a crucial point and the reason our release has been delayed. When you first use IHG it should ask you to update the host file. Please let us know if you do not get this message. The host file contained in the update is a 'stub' host file that contains NO host information, and we have been waiting to develop a method where an unsophisticated user does not require instructions to update the file before using.

The problem was that any file we provided would be dated by your computer operating system as the date you installed the new IHG, which would always be later than the latest IHG release, so unsophisticated users would discover it won't work until we do the next host file update. This release is intended to correct that.

Release notes:

1. The major change is to update the host file site to the new .EU host file location.

2. A few errors related to the character format have been replaced in the help files.

3. A few very minor mods have made minor changes that most users will not note. This release is intended as a base line release that we will base new IHG versions upon.

It is our express intent that we did not introduce any major changes beyond the COM -> EU change, and the stub hostf.xml file requiring an update to the most recently released host file version.

Please report any and all comments regarding the new release in this thread: Post Comments About IHG 1.7RC3 Here Please, good, bad, ugly, praise, whatever. We will appreciate any and all comments whether positive, neutral or negative.

We cannot continue development without user reports so everybody is invited to reply in this topic with any and all observations.

--- note: if there are no problems, we will release this as IHG 1.7.0 -- a stable release and our new baseline code.

Code: Select all

http://imagehost-grabber.eu/index.php?topic=3169.0

Ennislover
Lead Role In B-Movie
Lead Role In B-Movie

Re: Imagehost grabber help for Firefox

Postby Ennislover » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks for the reply but like i said version 1.7.0 is the latest release on the ImageHost grabber forum but Firefox won't allow it to be installed.
Tried re-downloading the latest signed version 1.6.5.5.1 and updated the host file but it still doesn't see anything from Imgbox. :idunno:
Oh well, back to the old right click, save as i suppose :(

Return to “General”