Visit our main forum @ Usersub.com

Malware warnings on Imagbam

Chat about anything here
Ennislover
Lead Role In B-Movie
Lead Role In B-Movie

Malware warnings on Imagbam

Postby Ennislover » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:03 am

Started getting warnings from Malwarebytes each time i click on any Imagbam pic. :?
Domain - i.simpli.fi

Just a reminder to people to make sure they're protected.

davey1_uk
Minor Role In Ugly Betty
Minor Role In Ugly Betty

Re: Malware warnings on Imagbam

Postby davey1_uk » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I have started use Firefox recently and that seems much better/safer then Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge is

seany65
Supporting Role In Summer Blockbuster
Supporting Role In Summer Blockbuster

Postby seany65 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Hmmm. I use imagebam in my posts. I have kaspersky internet security so I don't think there'll be any bad stuff in the files I upload. I've also not had any warnings wehen clicking on imagebam thumbs.
<---That's Emma Murphy. And I want to be stuck in her front bottom.

Well, she used to be not on that side before the big change, and now she's, umm, err, not on this side. --->

lil_bugga
Friday Night Project Guest Presenter

Postby lil_bugga » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:38 pm

I believe that the malware is from the pop up ads on the site. I have had a few issues with it myself.

longsoft
Extra On The Bill
Extra On The Bill

Postby longsoft » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 am

Make sure you have a GOOD antivirus, install Adblock Plus and turn off popups. I suspect ImageBam has little control over the content or source of its ads, and that lets the malware creep in. I use Bullguard Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as 'first line defence', and Adblock Plus stops malicious scripts. You could also turn off javascript...

Ennislover
Lead Role In B-Movie
Lead Role In B-Movie

Postby Ennislover » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:47 pm

longsoft wrote:Make sure you have a GOOD antivirus, install Adblock Plus and turn off popups. I suspect ImageBam has little control over the content or source of its ads, and that lets the malware creep in. I use Bullguard Antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit as 'first line defence', and Adblock Plus stops malicious scripts. You could also turn off javascript...

I am using Firefox with Adblock plus and No Script addons

Many imagehosts won't display the pic unless Javascript is turned on.

I definitely wasn't suggesting that anything dodgy was being posted and its seemed to have stopped now :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies and keep up the good work :ty:

lil_bugga

Postby lil_bugga » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:02 pm

I've emailed ImageBam and sent them the links to threads regarding their site from both here and user-sub. They have replied saying that they are already working on it. I take it therefore they have been aware of these issues for a while.

booblover47
Minor Role In Ugly Betty
Minor Role In Ugly Betty

Postby booblover47 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 pm

I have had a few issues in recent days with the ransom ware popup when clicking on a pic, although its easy to get rid of the thing its a pain and time consuming. is there any way the moderators can block these sites from loading. These seem to be the culprits but there was also a third address that came up, I have deliberately not put up the full address as it immediately becomes a link and I dont want anyone to inadvertently down load it.

PC Help Care 24X7 online-network-alert.net

tradeadexchange.com/a/display.php?

Its a shame as it spoils a fantastic site and I dont see why some little scrote site should spoil this for all of us.

Return to “General”